Saturday, October 5, 2013

Doctor Admits: John Could Have Died!

By Pamela Rae Schuffert presenting investigative journalism from a Biblical Christian perspective-


It is now Saturday morning. I am sitting at John's bedside here in a local hospital in North Carolina, where they have done a remarkable job of literally saving John's life from medical negligence and malpractice at his previous nursing home. 

But if my prayer journey across America had not been cut short by my unexpected injury, John would not be alive today......

This morning, the doctor told me that had this life-saving care been delayed a few more days, John would have died. His white blood cell count had been 22.9 when he first arrived by ambulance at this hospital Thursday night.
From the night John arrived in the emergency room, they have dripped antibiotics by IV into his body to fight the raging infection in his left foot and leg, originating from neglected bedsores on his left foot. The doctors and staff here have been wonderful! They have addressed every single health issue John suffered from. 

Although he may face surgery later today to remove infected tissue, John is feeling so much better, and is now coherent and communicating. The infection has stopped spreading. Thank GOD!
********************************
-PONDERING GOD'S AMAZING WAYS-

My previous painful neck/shoulder injury, incurred while visiting CHANGING GAITS Christian horse ranch and rehab center, came a a total shock. I never get ill or have this kind of attack on my health. I spend much time in prayer about my health and protection. I figured that somehow God must have had a divine purpose for allowing something like this to happen to me. And I was right.

Originally, my prayer journey before being with John was to take much longer. I planned to visit my Bible college for prayer. I also planned to go to FEMA REGION THREE to pray with other Christians for protection from any government plans to trigger martial law. Finally, I would be going down to be with my brother in North Carolina.

And if those travel plans had been followed, I would have been too late: JOHN WOULD HAVE DIED through medical negligence and malpractice in the nursing home.

Driven by excruciating pain, and even symptoms of intermittent partial paralysis in my left arm and shoulder, I decided to cancel my original plans and hurry down to John with what strength I still had, uncertain of what I was suffering from physically.

I am praising God for His amazing ways! I know that if I had not suffered a health crisis, I would have certainly followed my original travel plans...and John would not be alive now. Yes, my shoulder and neck and arm still hurt. Even as I write this, they are throbbing. BUT I am gradually improving daily. And, John told me he is so thankful to be rescued from certain death, and believes that God does have a purpose for his life and Christian testimony.

Previously, I have read of medical malpractice and neglect in nursing homes, and about nightmare cases of victims in such nursing homes. I always became angry when I read of such horrors.

But I had no way of knowing that this was the situation with my brother, being 2,500 miles away. I called him frequently. I called and spoke with representatives of his nursing home. They never indicated to me that there were any underlying problems with his health, ever. John knew he was in pain with his leg and foot, but did not realize how serious the underlying conditions causing the pain. And the nursing home told neither of us. I was deceived.

Thankfully, John is in good hands now at this quality health facility. Please pray with us that God will lead us to the right long term nursing home for John at this time. Pray that we might realize what God's plans and purposes are for his life as well. Pray for John's complete healing.

I want to sincerely thank all of you who have been praying for us, or supporting this trip and my present needs at this time. May God richly bless you and keep you in the times to come. God bless you all for caring. John expresses his deep appreciation as well to you all.
***************************
~POSTSCRIPT~
I know that many of you are thinking: what a way for both of us to face potential crises coming to America! John confined to a hospital bed with serious health issues, and me with my painful damage to my brachial plexus (and other) nerves in my neck, shoulder and arm.

But we both look at this situation with the eyes of faith. The Lord is with us! And the final chapter of our lives has not yet been written. We both believe that God has a purpose in all of this, FOR HIS GLORY. 

Many of you may also have health issues and family crisis, and are wondering how YOU will be able to face the coming times of crisis. I can tell you from practical experience: it must be done BY FAITH! I am looking unto Jesus for the healing, the provision, the health and strength John and I BOTH need to face the future. But we are not facing the coming crises alone!

Remember His unfailing promises: "I will never leave you nor forsake you....I am with you always..."

For the people who seek the glory of God and His purposes in their lives, there will always be miracles ahead, and VICTORY THROUGH JESUS CHRIST our Savior. Halleluia! Praise His holy name!

"In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God 
in Christ Jesus concerning YOU."

I Thessalonians 5:18

3 comments:

  1. So glad to see John looking better already!

    God does move in mysterious ways His wonders to perform!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALWAYS, ALWAYS GIVING THANKS TO GOD

    Romans 14:6 KJV
    [6] He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it . He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

    1 Corinthians 15:57 KJV
    [57] But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

    Colossians 1:3 KJV
    [3] We give thanks to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,

    1 Thessalonians 1:2 KJV
    [2] We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers;

    1 Thessalonians 5:18 KJV
    [18] In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

    2 Thessalonians 2:13 KJV
    [13] But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

    Revelation 11:17 KJV
    [17] Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.

    God Bless! From, Brother John
    (Isaiah 28: 11-13.) Don't stumble.

    www.tecartabible.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, I am so pleased to hear that God intervened in the way He did to get you to John's bedside in time for his life to be saved! Praise His Name!

    I am continuing to pray for John for his health to improve and also that your injury will cause you less pain each day until total healing comes.

    Blessings, Bonnie

    ReplyDelete